Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April 2, 2013

Okay, so how did we get to April already?  I have been so out of my schedule.  I haven't been listening to my Daily Audio Bible, doing my devotions or writing my blog.  UGH!  That is so terrible.  I hate it when life gets way to hectic.

The last college course I just finished really overwhelmed me.  But, praise the Lord, I still ended with an A in the class.  I thought I had this week off for Spring Break only to discover that there is no Spring Break.  Oh well, I will survive. 

Some really exciting things have happened since I wrote last.  On March 23rd I had the honor of going to a gender reveal.  It was an amazing experience.  Let me go back and explain the history of this event.  My best friend Donna Stewart and I have known each other for over 23 years.  Her first husband David was a best friend of my husband Jeff.  When Jeff and I got engaged he wanted me to meet them.  The day he brought me to Marina West in Sarasota, David and Donna had just found out they were going to have a baby.  Their first son was born on April 12, 1990.  I wasn't in the room for his birth because Donna had a c-section.  He was born just before our wedding on June 16, 1990.  The baby was named David Justin and we called him DJ.  His daddy Dave was our best man in the wedding.  Donna dressed DJ in a onsie that looked like a tux with tails.  It was adorable.  Our friendship blossomed into more than just friends.  We felt more like sisters and we did everything together.  My father died suddenly on July 13, 1990 and Donna was there with me through it all.  Our friendship just continued to grow and we celebrated together, morned together, laughed together and so on.  So, being able to be there to find out what her first grandchild was going to be was just another thing we had done together.  We found out that Davey and Erika are having a little girl.  Her name is going to be Daisy Meadows.  The other part of this excitement is that Erika has a younger brother named Jimmie.  And Jimmy and Kate are due to have a baby four days later than Erika and David.   Kate and Jimmy found out they are having a little boy.  Jimmy and David have been friends since 9th grade so it is one big happy and loving family.  I am so excited that I am going to be a great Auntie again. 

We had a wonderful Easter celebration this last Sunday.  I love going to our Church each week and especially on Holidays such as Easter.  Unfortunately, our boys weren't able to join us this Easter because of their jobs.  This was the first Easter without my entire family being together.  We still had a wonderful day celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior.  We had lunch together with our Church family and then came home and rested. 

Yesterday the kids didn't have school so Jannine and I hung out with our friends Becky and Jessica.  We went to the fountains in Venice and watched the kids play.  Then we were to the ice cream shop and had a nice cold ice cream after sitting in the sun.  It was a wonderful and relaxing day.  I love down days like that.  Everyone needs to stop and take a break once in a while.

Everyone needs to stop and recharge.  That has been what I have been missing the last few weeks not spending time in God's Word.  God's Word reaches into our hearts and comforts us, disciplines us, guides us and it is our counsel with Him that we need each and every day. 

So, today I am back on track spending time in God's Word and blogging.  Dear Lord, please forgive me for letting time get away from me.  Please forgive me for not giving You the time you deserve.  Thank you Lord for all the blessings in my life.  Thank you for the family and friends You have surrounded me with.  Thank you Lord for loving me even when I don't deserve it.  Thank you for protecting our family and providing for us. 

Have a wonderful day and remember to stop and enjoy the blessings God has for you today.  Oh, and don't forget to be a blessing to someone else today.  It's better to give than receive.  God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment