Thursday, March 7, 2013

March 7, 2013

It is a very chilly Floriday morning here.  It is actually 68 degrees in the house and I have all the windows closed tight.  I love this type of weather.  My body doesn't really enjoy it but I personally love the cold.  However, even though the weather has been cold and nice it makes things very dry and a terrible forrest fire developed late yesterday.  Several homes were in danger of burning down.  It was scary to see how fast the fires were moving.  Three seperate fires developed in a short amount of time because of the strong winds.  A good friend of ours was in the path of all three fires.  At one point it got only 400 yards from their home. 

Hearing about all of that made me think about life.  We get so very busy that sometimes life gets quickly out of hand.  It seems when things go wrong everything suddenly falls apart at all once.  I can remember so many times I felt like all my energy was being used to put out fires in my life.  The devil loves it when we get complacent and he goes into high gear starting little fires and hoping we don't noticed until it is too late.  God tells us to always be focussed on stay close to Him. We need to constantly remember to SLOW DOWN and pay attention to what God is doing in our lives.  Reading God's Word and praying is so important.  Our hearts need to be tender to God's direction.  In the big and LITTLE decisions of each day we need to stay focussed. 

Since I have had to be home because of my back situation I have had more time to get closer to God.  I don't every want to loose this precious time.  I feel so much stronger scripturally.  I don't want to get too busy to spend that precious time with God each and every day.  God has been working so much in my life especially since January 2013.  Phillippians 1:27 says Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel. 

How are we living our life each day?   I think often about my marriage to my wonderful husband and best friend Jeff.  So many of our friends are unhappy in their marriages.  I feel so blessed to love my husband and have a relationship with him that only seems to grow.  In our marriage and in life we must keep ourselves tied to the ship's mast to prevent ourselves from being lured away.  Marriage into today's culture seems to be so flipant.  If it doesn't work out, just get a divorce.  One little bump in the road and people quit!  God created marriage to be a covenant - a deeply binding commitment designed to help us weather our most difficult circumstances.  However, we have to stand strong and stay tied to the mast in order to survive.  I often give a poem to new couples that are getting married.  It is a poem that was given to Jeff and I on our wedding day.  Marriage takes Three is that title.  Marriage takes three to be complete, It's not enough for two to meet.  They must be united in love, by love's creator God above.  Then their love will be firm and strong; able to last when things go wrong.  Because they've felt God's love and know; He's always there, He'll never go.  And they have both loved him in kind; With all their heart and soul and mind.  And in that love they've found the way to love each other every day.  A marriage that follows God's plan takes more than a woman and a man.  It needs a oneness that can be, only from Christ.  Marriage takes three. 

My verse of the day is Romans 8:35 that says, Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?  Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 

Nothing can separate us from Christ.  We need to make an effort to keep our marriage and our relationship with God sold and work on it every day.  God loves us and wants the best for us.  We can't know what God's direction is for us if we do not seek Him through the Word of God and through prayer.  We need to cherrish our relationship with our spouse as well.  We need to continue to work on it and pray together.  We made a committment to God and a committment to our spouse.

Have a great day today.  Stop and enjoy the blessings God has for you today.  And make sure you are available to be a blessing to someone else as well.  God bless you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment