Sunday, February 10, 2013

February 10, 2013

Happy Sunday.  Today Pastor John Meyer at Fellowship Bible Church of Venice did another fabulous message.  He talked in Hebrews 11 about faith.  It is by faith that we believe God created the world and He created it from NOTHING.  God called the world into existence.  My verses of the day are Hebrews 6:11-12 which are And we desire each one of you to show the same earnestness to have the full assurance of hope until the end, so that you may not be sliggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises. 

A working definition of faith:  Fully trusting in the promises of the unseen God, so that whether safe and secure OR scared and uncertain, I know He loves me and only wants His best for me.  The object of my faith is GOD and HIS revelation to me in the BIBLE!  Hebrews 11:1 says Now FAITH is the assurance of things hoped for, the CONVICTION of things not seen. 

Esphesians 2:8-9 says, For by grace you have been saved through FAITH.  And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no none may boast. 

Today in Church we had a special service and renewed our wedding vows.  What a special service it was.  We took tons of pictures.  I love my husband so very much. 

I am so excited because my Mom is coming today for a visit.  I haven't seen her in almost two years.  I am looking forward to a great visit with her today.

No comments:

Post a Comment