Friday, February 15, 2013

February 15, 2013

Happy Friday morning.  Today is a little cooler and very damp and rainy today.  The clouds are covering the sun and everything is wet from all the rain yesterday.  I love days like this, however my back and body do not.  I feel like I am out of my routine regarding time with the Lord.  I enjoyed my visit with Mom, but feel like I messed up regarding my time with God.  I have to be careful that life's clutter doesn't get in the way of my relationship with God.  I am NOT saying that Mom's visit is clutter!  I cherrish that time with her, but I need to continue spending time with God each day to refuel and prepare for His leadership and direction for each and every day.  Today I am back in the routine.  I cherrish this time in the mornings.  Daniel and Jannine are at school, Jeff is at work, and David is sleeping.  The dogs are in their kennels, the tv's are off ... the house is quiet as I listen to Brian Hardin of the Daily Audio Bible. 

Yesterday was Valentine's Day.  I had a wonderful time with my sweet hubby, my very best friend.  Unfortunately, the boys had to work, but Jannine was home with us.  We had steak for supper along with baked potatoe, and veggies.  Jeff grilled the steaks in the rain!  After super Jeff gave me a beautiful card, some candy and a solar powered rose.  The flower charges during the day and glows by night.  The beauty of the rose today just outside my bedroom window is refreshing.  It stands perfectly straight and the beauty catches you eye.  Then tonight it will glow when everything else is dark around it.  It makes me think that we as Christians should be the same as this rose.  We should be pleasant, refreshing, and stand out for the Lord.  We should glow the love of God!  The pedals are soft as we should be soft and loving to those who are around us.  We should stand firm, knowing that God expects us to not be of the world.  But, we need to love those around us and share God's love with everyone we meet.  I strongly believe that actions speak louder than words.  We need to LIVE what we believe no matter where we are!  In the grocery store, in our job, running errands and even more importantly at HOME!  We aren't perfect, we need to ask forgiveness when we make a mistake, and we must stay connected to God to refuel and follow His directions. 

We must always remember that God is God, GOd is good all the time and His purposes are right.  Deuteronomy 32:39 SAYS, See now that I, evene I, am he, and there is no God besides me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is noen that can dliver out of my hand.

I am thankful that God has it all under control.  I just need to STOP take time and listen to His direction.  So, it is important that I spend time with Him each and every day so I can hear his instruction for me.

So, today, stop and enjoy the blessings of the day today.  If you don't enjoy the small daily blessings you cannot truly appreciate the big ones and might even miss them.  I want all the best God has for me and my family!  Have a great and blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment