Wednesday, February 6, 2013

February 5, 2013

What a beautiful Tuesday it is!  The weather is starting to get a little warmer now ... so I guess the air conditioning is going to have to go back on today or tomorrow.  I spent another wonderful day with my friend who is recoving from surgery.  I just love those days to visit and catch up. 

While I was there I started doing my taxes.  I was doing really well and excited to see that we were getting a large refund.  But then, I put in one more piece of information and hit the button to find I owe the IRS almost $4,000.  How did that happen?  My immediate human reaction was to freak out.  But, I was quickly reminded that God is in control and He will take care of this situation just as He always done.  God never says oops! 

So many times in life things happen and we wonder why.  It isn't fair?  Why is someone else doing so well and we are struggling?  But, is that really true?  We don't really know what is going on in someone else's home.  I hope that when I go out and do my errands that others do not see the struggles I am dealing with.  I need to be happy and at peace because I am representing my Lord.  I give my burdens to HIM and I just keep moving forward, doing the best that I can with what I have been given. 

I think about our financial situation, Jeff's job, our living arrangement, our home being taken away, my health, and the list goes on.  However, for whatever reason I am where I am because that is where God wants me right now.  I am human so I do question but I have a peace like I have never had before. 

Life is not easy, but this life is not what it is all about!  Isaiah 41: 13- 14 says For I, the Lord  your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "fear not, I am the one who helps you."  Fear not, you worm Jacob, you men of Israel!  I am the one who helps you, declares the Lord; your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel.  Isaiah 43:1 says But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel:  "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.  Isaiah 51: 7 says "Listen to me, you who know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear not the reproach of man, nor be dismayed at their revilings.  We have been created to do His will.  We don't deserve anything good!  We deserve wrath and we deserve death! 

Matthew24:3- 14 talks about the end times.  There will be wars and rumor of wars.  There will be earthquakes.  People will hate us because we love Him!  All of these things must happen so the end times will come. 

Psalm 29 talks about the Lord's voice and His power.  The Lord loves us and we are His children.  So knowing this should give us great peace and rest because He has everything under control. 

All this being said and written we must continually remind ourselves that we are here on this earth to serve HIM!  We are to show His love and compassion in all that we do and say.  I heard an awesome song on the Joy FM 88.1 today titled "Let them see YOU" by Colton Dixon.  This song says ... Let them see YOU in me!  Here is the link to the song on You Tube.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Be1on3JHk&ytsession=mill_ORnMv2hywJ_hYzNXUW5WWHdcYM4vyZEotHf3_QCbOKNxd3xh8GmwcntGg6tXO4-tQI4LJKSE7DqHtuVvSfftoZvmeDQQRP-p4t2Lzwgtzh7McUsx92Jo4XUvHfNgeMQylUtn9lsUp0SOjdShc5H-uL6PE9U_-s-apyydPXadx1cDFzwCu0Ii_l4GPEzV2QPdAKRJlhU4rCVwP2W5o1XEEEuBR6Rt7wrqr8mSr0

Take time and listen to the words of this song and read the lyrics as he sings it.  I wish I had a better link than what I posted, but at least this is the link.  It is amazing. 

So remember today, stop and enjoy the small blessings so you can truly appreciate the big blessings and Let everyone see God in you today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment