Tuesday, February 19, 2013

February 18, 2013

Happy Monday morning.  Today the high is 64 degrees.  I love this cold weather but my back does not.  I am going to go out and enjoy it today anyway.  The boys are in Orlando at Disney and Jannine has her friend over.  So we have just been hanging out and relaxing on our day off from school.  I didn't get to blog Sunday because it was a very busy day.  I had a lot of pain yesterday as well.  I guess I just did way too much last week with my Mom's visit and I haven't stopped since she left.  I don't want to miss out on anything so I just keep going even though I am in agony.  I need to learn to pace myself and be honest when I have done too much.  But I never want to be the person that complaines

We had some special guests at Church today.  We had some amazing missionaries and some friends from the past from Englewood Christian School days. 




So, I have a lot to catch up on.  Church the last two weeks has been incredibly amazing.  I learn so much there.  Pastor John Meyer is an incredible man of God.  He and his wife Sue have given their entire lives to serving God.  They have three beautiful girls, each with a heart for the Lord and a God, so that wha team that minister to young girls involved in prostitution in India.  She shared yesterday about their ministry and I was in awh of all they do.  You could see her light up when she was talking about how God has been working through her in this way.  Their second daughter Katie is on the board that Melissa is serving on.  And little Rachel serves the Lord with a great smile.  She can't speak but she doesn't need to.  She talks' through her smile and she just makes you happy when she is in the room.  She has her own little ministry.  She is a blessing. 

Last week John was talking about faith.  He quoted Warren Rearsby, "We trust His word and act on it no matter what the circumstances are or what the consequences may be.  We obey God's word and believe Him to do what is right and best".  I took a picture of the slide.  Our working definition of faith is fully trusting in the promises of the unseen God, so that whether safe and secure OR scared and uncertain, I know He loves me and only wants His best for me.  (The object of my faith is God and His revelation to me in the Bible).  Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.  I love that!  I need to remember that in every step I take of every day.  God loves me and only wants what is best for me.  He has my entire life, every breath, every step all taken care of. 

Today is one of those days that I need to remember this.  I was doing my taxes a week or so ago and found we were going to get a refund!  I was thrilled.  Then, I remembered I had one more paper that I had to input.  The information was from our home on Charlemont.  The bank and released us from the second mortgage.  We didn't ask them to do this, but they did it anyway.  So, when I input that information into the taxes that showed an income three times what we make in a year!  NOW, according this, we owe the IRS almost $4,000.  I was in an immediate panic and started crying.  I didn't know what to do.  I have an appoitnment today at 1pm with a tax person and am praying she can figure this out.  However, I know that God has it all worked out and whatever will be will be!  I am not going to fret about it at all.  If we owe, we owe and God will take care of it all.  I have to have peace and faith.

Ephesians 1:11 says, In Him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will.  Acts 4:28 to do whatever your hand and your plan had predestined to take place. 

With the way life has been in the last few years I have had time where I have asked how much longer Lord?  How long do we have to be in this season of uncertaintly?  What am I supposed to be learning through this?  Am I missing something?  I am trying to let go and let God be in control, but it is so hard at times.  I need to have the attitude that no matter how frightened I feel, no matter how things appear, I will walk forward in the Spirit by faith, fearlessly.  I need to live by FAITH ... not by fear. 

I am thankful for a Church with a Pastor that teaches us this very thing.  Being in Church yesterday I was in awe of several missionaries who are living by faith in such an amazing way!  Some are taking small children and moving to another country to serve the Lord, others have been serving for years in another country ... that blows me away.  I don't feel God has called me to leave the country and serve but has planted me here in my current situation to be a missionary where I live.  When I am at the grocery store, when I am serving in my community, and especially when I am in my own home!  People are always watching ... do I live what I believe in all that I do? 

So, today I am thankful for an amazing church family ... FELLOWSHIP BIBLE CHURCH OF VENICE!  I am thankful for a Pastor and his wife (John and Sue Meyer), their family and all my friends and family that I am blessed to have in my life.  I am thankful for an amazing husband who really loves me for me!  I am thankful for three amazing children, each who are special in their own way.  I am thankful for a God who loves me in spite of myself.  I am blessed.  Today I am going to enjoy the small blessings because I don't want to miss a thing God has for me!  And as Pastor John says, "It's good stuff!" 

Have a blessed Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment