Saturday, February 9, 2013

February 9, 2013

Happy Saturday.  Today I started the day in a great deal of pain.  I guess I did too much yesterday.  My husband didn't get to work today AGAIN, so we enjoyed the morning just watching tv and hanging out together.   My mom is coming to visit tomorrow, so we have been trying to get the house together for her visit.  Jannine spent the night last night with a friend so things were so quiet around here.  I missed having her around, but I did enjoy quality time with my hubby. 

Todays verse was Proverbs 13:20 which says, "Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm." 

Each day we should try to share God's love in one way or another.  I don't like preaching at people.  Instead I like to live a life that shows God's love through me.  That is what we are supposed to do.  We are to "be Jesus" to others.  Colossians 1:10 says, "Walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.  Then Matthew 28:19-20 says, "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. 

So, today and every day, no matter how I feel, I need to try and live a life that is pleasing to God.  Even though I am in lots of pain daily, even though I have been hurt, even though I am having a bad day ... it DOES NOT give me the right to be nasty or mean!  I need to ask God to help me be the best person I can and be a blessing to everyone I meet.  We all have a bad day though and pray that someone will give us mercy when we need it.

Remember, enjoy the little blessings so you can enjoy the big one's as well.  God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment