Thursday, February 14, 2013

February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!  Love is in the air, or is it?  There is no love in the air when you have a teenager in the house.  He doesn't care what holiday it is.  I have three amazing children but one of them is a teenager and raising a teenager is one of the hardest  jobs there is.  I try not to take it personally but it still hurts.  Driving home from dropping him off at school I started thinking how Jesus must feel when we act like that to Him.  He gave His life for us, and then we ignor Him.  We are often rude and use His name in vain.  How His heart must break when we act that way. 

My verse of the day is Matthew 16:15-16 which says, He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"  Simon Peter replied, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."  Do we love Him?  Do we curse Him?  Do we ignor Him?  Do we have a relationship with Him?

Satan works hard to make sure that life get's too busy for us to spend time in the Word.  Ephesians 6:12 says, For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rules, against the authroities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.  2 Corinthians 10: 4-5 For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but have divine power to destroy strongholds.  We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ. 

I haven't written for a couple of days because life has been just way too busy since Sunday afternoon.  My Mother came for a visit and left early yesterday morning.  It was a very fast and very busy visit, but wonderful.  She came Sunday night and we just visited for a while.  Then Monday morning, Jannine, David, Lauren and I went to Sarasota to have lunch with Roz.  We ate at the wonderful Der Dutchman resteraunt.  It is an Amish resteraunt.  The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is even better.  After we ate, we went upstairs and shopped in the Carlise Gift Shop and ran into Amy Palmer.  After lunch we went to Roz's home and got a complete tour of Sunnyside Village where she lives.  Mom is a property manager in a 55 and older community and enjoyed the tour.  She is taking some of the ideas back to her property in Ohio.  We then spent some time at the Sarasota Square Mall.  Jannine took Mom into a photo booth and had fun taking some pictures together.  She really loves her Ya Ya!  About 5:30pm we headed to the Sarasota Bradenton Airport to meet up with Jeff and Daniel.  Mom wanted Daniel to take her for a ride.  David and Lauren headed back to Englewood while Mom, Jannine, Daniel and Jeff went for a ride in the Eskew Sky Hawk N215HR!  They had a blast seeing all the beautiful lights of Sarasota from the air.  It was a perfect night for flying.  Then, we wrapped up the evening at Applebee's having an incredible dinner together. 

We came back home got some rest and then back up Tuesday for more fun.  We picked Daniel up at school and gave Mom a tour of Lemon Bay High School.  We wanted her to see all the new construction.  We then went to Myakka River and sat with Jannine during her lunch.  Then we met up with Jeff on Dearborn and had lunch at the Mango Bistro.  We then drove back to pick Jannine up from school and took Jessica home.  After a power nap we headed to the South Venice Pizza Hut to meet up with some friends for supper.  Matt, Lori and Nathan Phillips, Kevin, Jackie, Brad and Cody Frook, Shane, Donna, and Morgan Stewart along with their friend Jazzy, David and Erika Meadows (and baby), Tracy Williams, and of course, Jeff, Jannine and I along with Mom were there.  Daniel had to work at McDonalds so he couldn't attend.  And we were with David while he was working at Pizza Hut!  What a precious time we had together enjoying each other's company.  I have such amazing friends. 

So Happy Valentine's Day.  My heart is filled with LOVE as I think of all the wonderful people God has surrounded me with.  I am blessed. 

Dear Lord,

Please help me today and every day to appreciate all You have done for me.  I do not ever want to take for granted anyone You have blessed me with in my life.  I thank you Lord for the love You have given me.  Thank you for always being there for me, guiding me, and loving me when I am not very lovable.

Please bless all of my family and friends with LOVE today. 

In Jesus name Amen.

Don't forget, stop and enjoy the small blessings today.  There is a blessing in every day!  Don't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment