Monday, February 25, 2013

February 25, 2013

How did Monday get here so quickly?  It seems like it was just Friday!  Actually it feels like it was just New Years and now we are almost done with February.  How do I have a 20 year old son, a 17 year old son and a 10 year old daughter already?  It's all going way too fast.  But I can't slow it down,  I just have to hold on and enjoy every minute.

On Saturday I worked with my little angel Jannine at her cookie booth for girl scouts.  We had so much fun being with our friends Debbie, Sofia and Izabella Ferjiani along with Leah Howarth.  Then the Ferjiani family and Jannine and I went to the Heron Hoopla at Vineland Elementary.  It was great fun but I did way too much walking around. 



Sunday was a wonderful time at Church ... I love that our service is recording.  I have a hard time taking notes so it is nice to be able to review online at www.fbcov.org .  Then Jannine spent a couple hours with the Ferjiani family swimming while I finished up my homework.  Then at 5pm we left with Becky and Jessica Blalock to go to Secret Keeper Girl!  What a precious time with my little angel.  It is a program that shows little girls ages 8-12 how precious they are to the Lord.  It also talks about how they are to dress modestly.  Jannine loves the time together praising the Lord and getting closer as Mother and Daughter.  It was fun sharing it with our friends this year. 



So, then on to today that started out quite exciting. I had to run to the bank to make a very small deposit.  I thought it would be a very quick trip.  However, that was not the case.  Upon arriving at the bank I got out of my car and almost got run over by a large pick up truck.  At first I was ticked thinking this idiot was just driving crazy. I went into the bank to find the person at the drive thru window.  I mentioned to the teller what happened outside.  Then I watched in horror as I saw him blow up in anger with the tellers.  When the driver did not get what they wanted... the person drove around to the front of the bank and stormed in!  I was very afraid as they walked in.  He was screaming at the tellers, demanding they close his account and acting crazy.  My first emotion was fear!  Then I sprang into action calling 911.  Then finally I felt pitty for this person.  What is so bad in his life that made him so very angry?  He finally left the bank walked outside and paced around his truck.  Then drove around the bank several times.  I don't know what happened to him after that but all I could do was pray for him.  I don't suppose he knows the Lord.  Who hurt him so bad?  I prayed for him today and asked God to put just the right person in his life to help him come to know the Lord.  I was thankful that all the ladies in the bank plus myself and another lady were safe.  It was frightening.  You just don't think something like that would happen in our little town.  But in the end times we are told these things will happen. 

My verse of the day is John 6:36 which says Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.

I pray some how that man will learn that God is the answer and can make his life worth living.  Pray for those you come in contact with that are like this person.  Pray that some how God will reach them.  Don't get angry, don't respond and make things worse, just pray. 

Today, stop and enjoy the small blessings so you can truly appreciate the big blessings God has for you.  Today I am thankful to be alive and unharmed.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment