Wednesday, February 6, 2013

February 6, 2013

Happy Wednesday!  It's hump day ... the weekend is just around the corner again.  Today I am staying close to home and getting things accomplished here that I need to do.  I am behind in my Bible reading and study so I wanted to focus on this early in the day.  I took Daniel to school today and on the way we stopped at Dunkin Donuts.  He bought me a coffee for taking him to school... so sweet.  I ordered a medium Iced Carmel Latte with 4 splenda ... YUMMY!  While driving Daniel to school I took a sip of my yummy coffee.  UGH, there was no splenda in my coffee or in the bag.  So, on my way home from dropping Daniel off I went back through the drive thru and asked for the splenda.  They were gracious and apologized for the error and gave me the splenda.  I put that in my coffee and headed for home.  UGH, even with the splenda I realized this was not the iced carmel latte that I ordered.  I made a U turn and went back a third time and explained this was not what I ordered.  They were very kind and gave me a corrected LARGE iced carmel latte and more splenda.  I could have gotten mad and thrown a huge fit, but I didn't.  It was a mistake and if I had lost my cool what kind of testimony would I have shown.  Prior to being in God's Word and feeling so much closer to Him lately, I would have probably been very angry about the errors.  If I had yelled, what would it have done anyway?  I would loose my testimony and ruin someone's day maybe.  And for what reason? 

My You Version verse for the day is  Matthew 7:12 "So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets."  I find it so funny that frequently whatever God has laid on my heart to talk about is related to whatever the study or verse of the day is.  I hadn't read this until after I wrote the above paragraph.  That's awesome!

Psalm 19:9  says, the fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; the rules of the Lord are ture, and righteous altogether.  Psalm 111:10 says The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding.  His praise endures forever!  Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.  Proverbs 14: 26 - 27 In the fear of the Lord one has strong confidence, and his children will have a refuge.  The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, that one may turn away fromt he snares of death.  Proverbs 15:16 Better is a little with the fear of the Lord than great tresure and trouble with it. 

What we have to do is ask ourselves, Who do we serve?  Joshua 24:15 clearly states that we are to figure out who we are going to serve!  Matthew 6:9-10 says, "Your kingdom come, YOUR WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven!  Do you believe that or is it just a prayer we recite with no connection?  Galatians 2:20 says, I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.  And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 

Exodus 23: 20-33 talks about the conquest of Canaan promised.  I find it so awesome how God says clearly that he sent an agel before them to guard then on the way to the place that He had prepared!  He sends His angels today to protect us ... the Holy Spirit guides us if we listen.  We have won whatever battle we face because God is in charge. He promises to care for us and provide all our needs as long as we listen and obey His instruction. 

A good friend of mine lost her Mother-in-love last night.  Nan went home to be with the Lord after a long battle of health issues.  My sweet friend took such good care of her for several years and made her last days on earth as wonderful as humanly possible.  I know today she is aching and wondering if she did enough ... but she did!  God has given her the ability to help people and love them.  She gives until there is nothing left to give.  She is the perfect example of living the life so that others can see God in what they do and say. 

Stop and enjoy the little blessings today so you can completely enjoy the large blessings when they arrive.  Take a moment and call the friend God laid on your heart today.  We aren't promised tomorrow ... maybe they need to hear Christ through your voice and words today.  Matthew 24:36 clearly states, "But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only!"  Psalm 103:15 -16  says, as for man, his days are like grass; he flourishes like a flower of the field for the wind passes over it and it is gone and its place knows it no more.  We are here a short time and yet we have so much we need to do while we are here.  So take the time ... be a blessing.  Let people know you love them and appreciate them.  Stop and smell the roses ... a beautiful blessing God created for you today to enjoy. 

Have a wonderful day!  RIP Nan ... today you are in the arms of Jesus, living pain free, breathing easy and joined together again with your husband.  See you when we get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment