Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February 20, 2013

Today my devotion with Daily Audio Bible was talking about the faith of a mustard seed.  We often believe that only celebraties have a following and make a real impact on the world.  They have a platform and can reach out to millions via Facebook, Twitter, TV and radio.  However, that isn't true!  Even you and I in our neighborhoods, at the local grocery stores, walking down the road can make an impact.  We have no idea who is watching us.  That is why we must be so very careful what we do, what we say and how we react to things in life.  We do not know who is watching us.  We have no idea what impact we are making on someone and we may never know until we get to Heaven. 

I find myself so busy at times that I don't have time to stop and spend time with God.  Why am I so busy?  Am I doing something of value or is it just busy work?  Matthew 5:5 it says, "Blessed are the meak for they shall inherit the earth.  II Corinthians 12:10 says, "For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities.  For when I am weak, then I am strong."  Then finally, Galatians 4:9 says, "But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how can you turn back again to the weak and worthless elementary principles of the world, whose slaves you want to be once more?" 

What are we so afraid of loosing in the world today?  I love my children and husband and that is all that I am really afraid of loosing.  However, money becomes something we all hang on to way too tightly.  Why are we so afraid to follow Jesus fully?  Matthew5:3-5 says, Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.  Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth." 

If we could just realize that nothing here on earth, INCLUDING our children, belong to us then life would be so much easier.  I know that God has everything under control and yet I continually try and figure things out for Him thinking my way is always better. 

So, today remember to stop and be careful how you act.  Then figure out what you are holding onto that is not important.  Are you letting go and letting GOD do what He needs to do through you?  Or, are you a stumbling block to someone?  You are a link in the chain of influence in someone's life!  We have a job to do while here on earth.  Are you part of the army of God? 

Enjoy the day, stop and enjoy the small blessings so you don't miss them.  Then the big blessings will mean even more.  HAPPY Wednesday!  God bless you today and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment