Saturday, February 2, 2013

February 2, 2013



Wow, the last twenty four hours have been amazing.  I am enjoying the tiny and very big blessings in life.  My son turned 20 yesterday.  I still can't believe that he is 20 years already.  It really seems like yesterday that God placed him in my arms to love forever.  He towers over me now.  My heart bursts with pride when I watch him.  I love him more than life!  The above picture is our family.  From left to right ... Our little girl Jannine 10, David's precious girl friend Lauren, our birthday boy David 20, ME, our son Daniel 17 and my wonderful husband Jeff.  I am so blessed to have this core of people in my life.  Each of them bring me such joy.

I went in the morning and got him a breakfast bagel from Dunkin Donuts and got myself a coffee to celebrate.  I wonder why the Mom's don't get to celebrate these birthdays.  We are the one's who went through the labor to bring them into the world.  Whether a mother gives birth physically or gives birth through adoption the mother works hard to get that baby into her arms.  I came back and put a candle in his bagel sandwich and sang Happy Birthday to him while he peeked out from under the covers.  I had to bake some cookies for the high school fundraiser then go to have lunch with my little Jannine.  The rest of the day involved more errands and much resting in between activities. 

Then, I went out and got the mail on the way to get Jannine from the bus stop!  In a small envelope was a huge and very unexpected blessing.  There was a check in the envelope that I had no idea was coming.  Yesterday I got a bill, (or so I thought), from Sears.  I haven't had a Sears card in years.  I called asking why I had a balance of $50.  The sweet lady said, honey, it's not a balance but a refund.  We need to know where to send you the check.  WOW, thanks God!  Just before January 2013 I had a dream.  It was so very clear.  It was my Daddy.  He was talking to me about tithing.  He told me that God command that we tithe.  I told my Daddy that money has been so tight and every penny has a place and there was no budget for tithing.  He informed me that it was important to obey God's Word.  Matthew 22: 21 says, "Therefore render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."  Nothing here on earth is ours!  Our children are gifts to us, the money we have here, our homes, everything is GOD's!  Later in Matthew 22: 29 Jesus says that we do not know the scriptures nor the power of GOD!  How very true.  We often do not pay attention to the Bible or read what is commanded of us.  And because of that we miss the power and miracles of God!  I woke with such a burden but such fear about this.  That first Sunday in January I wrote the 10% tithing check and put it in the offering plate.  It wasn't a lot of money but as we have learned in God's Word that the widow's tiny amount of money was more than the rich man's large amount of money.  I won't share all the specific details but God has blessed us more than we could ever imagine.  Our lot was sold next to our Charlemont home.  90% o the money is going to pay of the back taxes owed, but praise God that will be removed from our credit in a positive way and we will have a little cash to pay bills, some of my college text books sold and on and on.  I am amazed at what God has been doing in our lives.  Jeff and I have been reading God's Word and spending time with Him each day.  It has changed EVERYTHING!   I have so much peace.  I have a stronger faith unlike anything I have ever experienced. 

I say all of this NOT to brag in any way shape or form.  I say it to share that if we TRUST and OBEY God... He will take care of us.  He will bless us!  It may not be blessings of finances, it might be blessings of time with people, it might be peace, comfort ... look at all the little blessings!  My verse of the day is John 11:40 Jesus said to her, "Did I not tell you that if you believe you would see the glory GOD?"  WOW, how cool is that?  It is SO very true.  I belive and I am seeing the glory of GOD!  Joshua 4:19-24 is another amazing passage about the miracles of God.  Israel was able to pass over Jordan on dry ground.  God dried up the waters of the Jordan and the Red Sea.  We are to realize that Lord God is mighty and He can take care of whatever the situation is even dry up the waters so His people could safetly cross.  I am thankful God is my Father! 

I want to remember these amazing times, good and bad, so I will be reminded of God's leading in my life.  I want to remember how He cared for us.  As our Pastor John would say, "It's good stuff!" 

Thank you Lord for everything.  I am worthy of NOTHING, but thankful that You love me in spite of myself.  Remember to enjoy the blessings, big and small.  Don't miss a thing God has for you today.

Have a great day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment