Friday, February 22, 2013

February 22, 2013

Today is a glorious Friday.  Another beautiful day to look for blessings and be a blessing.  I am so excited that I get to spend the morning with my best friend Jackie going to a yard sale.  Then off to Myakka River to have lunch with my sweet Jannine and after she returns home from school we are going to a Pampared Chef party.  In between all those activities I will rest and do some homework.  I am excited about the day today.  I love days like this.  Yesterday my hubby Jeff was in a great deal of pain and had not really slept all night because of it.  We have no idea what causes these flair ups.  But, it is terrible when he has them.  Praise the Lord he is MUCH better today and had a great night sleep.  Today is going to be a really good day ... I can feel it.

Today's devotion was about marriage lasting until death do us part!  So many do not take that vow seriously.  Hebrews 13:4 says, "Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the secually immoral and adulterous."  When you say those vows, do you mean?  The same goes for our relationship with God.  When things get tough, how do we act?  Do we blame God?  Or, do we stop and take credit for our part in anything that might be going on.  Joshua 1:9 says, Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." 

I enjoyed the morning with my friend at a large Church rummage sale.  I got some really great deals.  Then I had lunch with my little girl and now I am home to rest before doing an activity this evening.  It's a beautiful day.  Be a blessing to someone today. 

Stop and enjoy the small blessings that God has for you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment