Thursday, February 21, 2013

February 19, 2013

Happy Tuesday.  Another beautiful day today!  It is nice and cool and beautiful outside.  The house is quiet.  The boys are out of town, Jeff is at work and Jannine is in school.  Today I am going to rest and continue to recover from all my activities last week. 

So, yesterday I had a huge concern that I mentioned yesterday.  I knew God had it all figured out, but humanly I was still so frightened.  I kept praying all the way to the appointment and the radio station I listen to, The Joy FM 88.1 played all the right songs to remind me to keep my focus on God and just trust Him.  That helped me keep my focus.  The appointment went so much better than I could have ever dreamed.  In a matter of minutes all was settled and God provided above all we could have imagined. 

My devotion talked about clinging to the Lord!  I am human and sin all the time.  I often cling to things of the world like MONEY!  I have to let go and let God do His work in ALL things, especially finances.  When we cling to things like MONEY and things of the world we tend to be fearful.  I am so guilt of this.  I worry all the time about paying bills and having enough money for food, things for the kids, etc.  However, at the beginning of 2013 I felt a strong tug at my heart that we should begin to tithe.  My husband does not make a large salary.  Don't get me wrong, we are so thankful for the job he has.  He has a wonderful boss who loves the Lord.  He enjoys his job and we are so thankful for the blessings of working there.  But, I couldn't figure out how we could possibly pay tithe out of that little bit.  But I talked with Jeff and we decided together it was the right thing to do!  And boy it has been amazing to see God's blessings.  I am blown away at the blessings.  The money isn't ours anyway.  We are to use all we receive to honor Him. 

Matthew 5:3-5  says, Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.  Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment