Friday, February 1, 2013

February 1, 2013

Happy Friday!  And a very special Happy 20th Birthday to our oldest son David.  I cannot believe he is 20 years old.  It seems just like yesterday that he was placed in my arms to love and care for.  I remember when they handed him to me he was so warm.  He was the first person that I ever met that was blood related to me.  It was overwhelming to hold my first child in my arms.  It was exciting and scary all at once.  Oh how I always wanted to be a Mother and now on February 1, 2013 at 5:15pm I had arrived.  He was 8 pounds 9 ounces and 21 1/2 inches long.  He was perfect, ten fingers and ten toes.  My Mom, Jeff and I were all together when I delivered.  Oh the joy ... and it has never stopped.  I knew being a parent would be the biggest job I had ever done.  It is a job that once it begins it NEVER stops!  My husband and I knew we wanted to raise our children to love the Lord and follow him.  They are precious gifts given to us to raise and give back to God. 

Galatians 5:16-17 says But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.  For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the the things you want to do. 

I love Psalm 91, the entire chapter.  We are to walk by the Spirit but we also have the comfort of protection as it says clearning in this passage.  Verse 4, He will cover you with his pinions, and UNDER HIS WINGS you will FIND REFUGE!  I love that. 

2 Chronicles 20:15 says, And he said, "Listen, all Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem and King Jehoshaphat:  Thus says the Lord to you, Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed at this great horde, for the battle is not yours but God's.  Verse 17 says, You will not need to fight in this battle.  Stand firm, hold your position, and see the salvation of the Lord on your behalf, O Judah and Jerusalem.  Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed.  Tomorrow go out against them, and the Lord will be with you. 

Galatians 2:20 says, I have been crucified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.  And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

I believe these are the important things to teach our children.  I always tell them that if they love, believe and follow the Lord ... He will love, believe and direct them in their daily walk!

Raising children is the most important job there is to do.  As parents we have to teach our children to be careful and to make good choices.  When they are little we teach them to hold our hand when they cross the street so as not to get hit by a car or get lost.  As they grow we teach them not to touch the burners on the stove because they are hot and will hurt you.  We teach them to be honest ... to be kind ... and to be accountable.  I have always tried to be honest with the kids that even I make mistakes.  Nobody is perfect and we must apologize when we are wrong.  I saw this on my Facebook page and wanted to include it in my blog today.  I love this and wish all our children AND ADULTS would understand this. 





Today the weather is cold!  It is beautiful outside.  The wind is blowing, it's sunny and cold!  I LOVE IT!  I believe the high today is expected to be 67 degrees.  I am going to have lunch with my little girl at school then come home and rest and then enjoy dinner with the entire family at Olive Garden to celebrate David's 20th birthday.  I keep writing it because I can't believe it!  His precious girl friend Lauren will be joining us.  Check out my Facebook page later because as you know, I will be posting pictures!  Just call me KODAK!

Go out and make it a great day!  Enjoy the little blessings and be a blessing to someone today!  Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment