Thursday, January 31, 2013

January 31, 2013

Today is the last day of January 2013.  I can't believe month one is already finished.  Time sure is flying by.  Today is my niece Megan's 16th birthday.  She is such a beautiful young lady.  I wish I could spend time with her but she lives up north so I have to be satisfied with Facebook and Skype visits.  It's amazing how time flies.  Today is the last day my oldest will be a teenager.  He turns 20 tomorrow!  How did that happen?  Where has the time gone?

My reading today was in Joshua.  One of my favorite verses is Joshua 1: 9.  Have I not commanded you?  "Be strong and courageous.  Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."  I am so thankful that no matter what happens, God is always with us.  As my children grow, I am often frightened of getting older and them leaving me.  But I know that I must be courageous and know that God is with me in each phase of my life.  What is our purpose in life?  I am a friend, daughter, cousin, mother, wife, sister, aunt... is that my only purpose?  I have a purpose that God has for me.  I don't know what the purpose is all the time, but I try to seek God's voice and do His will in all that I do and say.  What is the call God has on your life and mine?  Galatians 2:20 says, I have been cruicified with Christ.  It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.  And the life I now live in the flesh I live by fiath in the Son of God, who lvoed me and gave himself for me. 

I am in awe of people like Jen and Barry.  They are related to my nephew in love and have been called to the mission field.  They are leaving this summer, July 29  to go and minister to mormans in Salt Lake City, Utah!  They inspire me in so many ways. They have a blog where you can follow them, financially support them and most of all PRAY for them as God leads them in this way.  http://utahbound.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/july29th/  They have found God's purpose for their lives.  It has been amazing to watch from the outside and see how God is working everything out for this ministry and direction for their lives. 



Enjoy the beautiful day that God has created for YOU and for ME!  Stop and enjoy the blessings, big and small.  Make somebody smile today!  Be a blessing!  And remember we are children of the King!  Find your purpose for today.  What does God want you to do today?  Maybe someone needs a hug.  Maybe someone needs a friend to pray with.  Maybe someone needs their mailbox put up today.  Just, stop and take the time to make a difference.  Be a missionary right where you are.  Spend time doing what God wants you to do and do it courageously!  He is with you in all that you do!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for thinking of us, Dianna! We are so blessed by the added support.

    ReplyDelete