Friday, January 25, 2013

January 25, 2013

Today I had the wonderful opportunity to spend the day with my childhood friend.  She is recovering from gallbladder surgery and just needed someone to be with her today while her children and husband were gone all day.  I so enjoyed spending that precious time with her.  We never turned the tv on, instead we just talked together all day long.  She is such a precious friend of whom I lost contact several times over the years.  I am glad to be reconnected to her.  She loves the Lord with all her heart. 

My reading today was Matthew 16:13 thru Matthew 17:9.  Jesus was speaking to his disciples and in verse 24 he said, "if anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.  For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.  For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul?  Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?  For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done.  Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not takse death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."  We are to work hard to just follow HIM!  That is stated over and over again in God's word.  We are not working toward earthly things but heavenly things!  We are to deny ourselves and follow HIM!  His burden is light!  If we lose our soul, what will it for us but send us to hell. 

Psalm 21 speaks of the Lord's strength.  After reading this how can I fear anything?  He is in charge of EVERYTHING.

In all that we do and say, we are to show God's love.  When I have the opportunity to sit with someone like Jackie and care for her I pray she see's God's love.  She has a precious husband who has always worked so hard to provide for his family.  He is a strong man.  He loves the Lord.  I pray that spending time with this family that I might show him through my weak human body that God loves him.  He is loved more than he could ever know.  His Lord loves him and has not forgotten him.  Like so many, work has been tough to get and finances have been so tight.  They have struggled much like we have.  I pray that in this time that I have been given the opportunity to spend with them, that God might use me in some way to reach the entire family.  I love all four of them with all my heart.  I just keep praying I will listen to God's leading and direction and follow through with His clear direction. 

Matthew 26:41 says Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation.  The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.  As I work hard to be more available to God's daily leading, I pray that He will keep me on the correct path and that my flesh will NOT take over.  Hebrews 12:12-13 says Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather be healed.  Sometimes I have struggled to spend time alone with God.  Having the YouVersion and Daily Audio Bible has made that so much easier for me this year. 

Thank you Lord.  I pray that in 2013 and for the rest of my life that I will listen to You and be sensitive to all You are asking of me.  In everything, even the little things, I want to be living for You and hearing Your daily and moment by moment instructions.  I am thankful for the Daily Audio Bible and the You Version apps that have helped me gain so much more knowledge of Your Word.  I find myself in so many of the stories we are studying this year already.  Thank You so much for making me... me!  Please Lord, use me to do Your will.  I promise I will do my very best Lord to be available ... thank You God for chosing me.  I am your humble servant Lord.  I love you Lord!

Deuteronomy 6:4-6 says, hear, O Israel:  The Lord our God, the Lord is one.  You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your sould and with all your might.  And these words that I command you today shall be on your hear!  I love this verse so much!!!! 

My final verse for the day is Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to HIS PURPOSE!!!!!  I am hanging onto this promise every second of every day.  God has been working so much in the Walston home already in 2013.  I am SO excited to see what is next.  Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment