Monday, January 21, 2013

January 18, 2013

Yesterday was the retirement party for Dan Jeffers, principal at LBHS.  I sat there listening to all the people who have known him, worked with him and for him and even his daughter.  There were wonderful things being said about him.  It was a wonderful time of reflection.  I kept thinking how nice it was to have people speak about him while he is alive.  The constant line of discussion between various speakers was that Dan was a man with a plan.  He is a competitor with his main focus of making a difference in the lives of youth he came in contact with.  Dan's mother was there and you could see the pride on her face.  It was such an honor to take part in the celebration.  I pray that some day I will be able to make an impact on others just as he did. 

The world as it is today often seems filled with so much sadness.  There are days I wonder if there is anyone left in the world who is good.  People like Dan Jeffers makes me realize that there are good people still left.  The gym was filled with some amazing people in our community such as, David Dignam, Mac Horton, Mike and Marcia Louden, Dan and Karen Jeffers, Bill Strickland, David Gayler, Mr. and Mrs. Morgan, Mrs. Badger, and so many others.  Each of these people had a part of who I am today.  But, really who am I?  I try hard to do good in my community and make a difference.  I keep thinking that one of these days someone will see how hard Jeff works and how hard I try to make a difference and suddenly we will catch a break.  But, in the next thought I realize that God has done so much for us.  We have a home to live in that He provided.  Jeff has a job that doesn't pay much, but has a boss who loves the Lord and loves our family.  We are rich in friends that we are blessed with.  We have three healthy and beautiful children who love the Lord.  Yet, sometimes I feel so alone!  I feel that I am not part of the "select" group.  I feel like an outsider.
Why are some chosen and others igorned?  The people I mentioned are wonderful and deserve all they have.  But why are some ignored or unappreciated?  Why do we continue to struggle?  I guess it is wrong to feel that way.  It certainly isn't the right attitude to have I know.  But I am human and often wonder why life is so tough.  How am I such an active part of my community, yet feel like an outcast in various situations.  I am often called on as a "worker bee" but then not part of the celebration.  I wonder how often I have made God feel like that in my life?

Psalm 16 Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge.  I say to the Lord, "You are my Lord; I have no god apart from you." 

Proverbs 3:27-32  Verse 27 says do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it.  Do not say to your neighbor, "Go and come again tomorrow I will give it" when you have it with you.  Do not contend  with a man for no reason, when he has done you no harm.  Do not envy a man of violence and do not choose any of his ways, for the devious person is an abomination to the Lord, but the upright are in his confidence. 

Jeff has worked so hard under several leaders that allow him to go no where.  I want him to be seen and appreciated!  But the risk is he could loose his job and then we would be in a worse situation.  Again, I have to go back to Proverbs 3: 5 & 6 where I must trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean NOT unto my own understand, but in all OUR WAYS acknowledge HIM and HE will direct our paths.  He knows what is going on.  He has a plan ... I just have to trust and have faith.  Jeff is much better at this than I.  He appreciates where he is no matter if it is cleaning toilets, working in an office, as a automobile repossor, etc.  He has always done whatever job God has given him.  He does it to the best of his ability as God commands.  He amazes me how very humble he is.  I am so blessed to have him as the father of our children.  What an amazing example he is to them and me in my weakness.  Colossians 3: 23 makes me think of Jeff .. Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward.  You are serving the Lord Christ.  For the wrongdoer will be paid back for the wrong he has done, and there is no partiality.  Thank you Lord for that promise.  You have things under control and you know what has happened to your child.  He continues to serve you as you require!

In the YouVersion fearless Bible study today the topic is Lord I am weak!  How appropriate.  Matthew 5:1-12 talks about what I was just blogging.  Seeing the crowds, he went up on the mountain, and when he sat down, his disciples came to him.  And he opened his mouth and taught them says, "blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.  blessed are the meek, for they shall in herit the earth.  blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.  blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.  Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.  Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.  Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake for theirs is the kingdome of heaven.  blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.  Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you. 

Wow, God says clearly here that those who are poor in spirit, who mourn, who are merciful, pure in heart, peacemakers, who are persecuted for righteousness ... then you will be BLESSED.  You will be comforted!  God knows all our fears and He is with us.  Matthew 5:3 speaks about the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdome of heaven.  It is when we feel as thugh we have nothing and are nothing that God is able to be EVERYTHING to us and He is glorified.  I need to ask Him to help me understand my wekaness and my poverty and to feat upon Him. 

Help me Lord be content where we are.  Help me to just trust in You and not question why we are where we are.  Help me not worry and thank you so much for putting the most amazing people in our lives.  Help us show your LOVE in all that we do and say! 

Have a wonderful Friday!  God bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment