Saturday, January 19, 2013

January 19, 2013

Today is a beautiful Saturday.  Jannine has her best friend in the world here, Izabella Ferjiani.  She is staying with us until Monday while her parents are moving their final items to Florida to stay in Englewood where they belong.  I am so happy to have Debbie and her family back home with us.  I missed her for the four years she was gone.  I feel settled again to know she is here.  I am thankful that God allowed us to stay as well.  He has a plan.  I like his plan!  We are surrounded by some wonderful people.  This afternoon Jannine and Izabella are going to their friend Jessica's house for a few hours to play.  Jeff and I are going to go to a movie and early dinner while they are there.  We have some gift certificates from Christmas we are going to get to use!  Yipee!

Today in my Daily Audio Bible study I learned about the parable of the sower.  He talks about a man's heart and if it is hard or open to trust and learn from God.  The Bible tells stories about what is going on in a certain time written, however, these situations are still applicable to todays world and time.  God still speaks to us in our hearts today through what is written in the Bible.  That is why we call the scriptures alive!  You can read the same verse at various times and get a different meaning to you personally each time according to what is happening around us.  The seeds are planted ... but in what type of situation.  Is it on a hard rock that can't attach?  When the wind blows suddenly the seed or the "FAITH" blows away quickly.  Is the seed in sand?  When the wind blows it might stick around for a little bit, but when the water comes up does the seed wash away again?  This person wants to believe!  They want to hang on ... but the worry and crisis take over and pull you away.  Or, are we on solid and rich soil?  Are the roots dug down deep, watered well and staying hold no matter what happens in life?  I hope and pray that my seed is in good soil.  Listening to Daily Audio Bible and reading my YouVersion studies on my phone are helping me dig deeper!  I want to bare fruit!  I want to show God's love and goodness in my life even when times are tough.  Matthew 13: 1 - 23 talks about these parables.  I don't want the devil to take away my faith.  I won't let him take it away.  I will hold fast to God's Word.  I will walk the walk and live the leading of God!  I know at times I have been the person with no faith and trying to fix the problem on my own.  But I am trying to be the soil that is rich and holds firm with my roots to God's leading.    We also read Psalm 17 and Proverbs 3: 33-35.

My daily verse is I John 5:1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who lves the Father loves whoever has been born of him. Phillipians 2: 5 - 8 speaks of how Jesus took the form of a man and became a man.  `When our hearts are clinging to things other than the Lord, we are inclined to be much more fearful.  Help me Lord to cling to YOU and YOU alone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment