Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January 29, 2013

Today was a beautiful Tuesday in sunny Florida.  I spent another wonderful day with my friend helping her as she heals from surgery.  I cherrish this time with her and her beautiful family.  Today we decided to have supper together with the kids and our husbands.  So, I picked Jannine up from school and she was so excited to come and hang out with us girls.  Jackie had a little scrap booking kit for her to do.  She put it all together ready for pictures she will take when her Ya Ya (Grandma) comes in less than two weeks for a quick visit. 

When we were almost ready to eat we walked into the back yard and looked at the beautiful scenery.  They live on a canal and have several banana palms in the back yard.  I had no idea that bananas really grew on banana palms, but they do! 




As I watched our son Daniel step out on the dock and take it all in, I was reminded again how important it is to STOP and just enjoy the beautiful things around us. 



Life isn't all bad.  I took some amazing pictures in just one tiny place on earth that God created.  I watched Jackie's two boys and my one son talk together with their Dad's like grown men.  I remember when we worried that they might get to playing and fall into the very same creek just a few short years ago!  Oh how I cherrish those memories.  But, I am enjoying this phase of my life too.  Oh it comes with aches and pains and disappointment too.  But there are no more diapers, no more nap times to work around and not as many sleepless nights.  I love talking to my children and watching them develop into the young men and young lady that God has created them to be.  I am thankful God entrusted them to me and hope I didn't make too many mistakes along the way. 

I was reading into todays devotion Matthew 6:7-13 just as I read yesterday.  It talks about when we pray not to just say empty phrases.  We are to pray about actual things and talk to God as our Father.  I pray for my three children.  I pray that God will protect them and that they will allow Him to lead them as they move on this pathway called life.  I pray that God will give me guidance as to how to help them, peace to let them go as I need to, and unconditional love as He gives me to care for them no matter what they do or say.  I pray that God's will is always honored and done, I pray for God's daily provision for all of our family and friends, I pray that my children will forgive others including me when I make mistakes, and I pray that they will resist temptation and keep their eyes focussed on God and GOD alone!

As it says in Deuteronomy 6:4-6 - I pray that my husband, children and I will always love the Lord with all our hearts, soul and might so that we will always obey His commands and stay tender to His leading in all we do, say or think.

Stop, smell the roses ... enjoy even the little things God is doing.  Because if we don't appreciate the little things how can we enjoy the big things?  We might miss it if we don't!  I want the best God has for me!
Go make it a great day!  God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment