Thursday, January 17, 2013

January 17, 2013

Another beautiful morning here in sunny Florida.  We were all moving a little slow today.  David, Daniel and Lauren went to Disney in Orlando yesterday and got home around 11:30pm last night.  So we all rested a little today.  Tonight is the retirement party for Dan Jeffers.  He was the LBHS Principal from 1980 - 2013... he is an amazing man and fantatsic leader.  LBHS will miss him but Bob Bedford is taking over starting tomorrow and will do a great job I have no doubt. 

At the Parent Association meeting and SAC meeting at LBHS last night I learned that Beth Johnson went home to be with the Lord on Tuesday January 15, 2013.  Wow, three people that I personally knew passed away in one day in a matter of 12 hours.  So many changes are happening all around me.  It's hard to change.  It's hard to see things become different.  The school building is being torn down and a new one is being put up, our principal is changing, many employees at LBHS and Myakka River are retiring and new people are coming in.  Constant change ... it's hard to take sometimes.  The Bible talks about seasons of change... it's hard but exciting all at the same time. 

Matthew 12: 1-21
We are to do good even on the Sabbath.  Verse 18 Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations.  He will not quarrel or cry out; no one will hear his voice in the streets.A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out, till he leads justice to victory.  In his name the nations will put their hope. 

Psalm 15 is filled with promises.  Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary?  Who may live on your holy hill?  He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman, who despises a vile man but honors those who fear the Lord, who keeps his oath even when it hurts, who lends his money without usury and does not accept a bribe against the innocent.  HE WHO DOES THESE THINGS WILL NEVER BE SHAKEN!  I love that.  Just do God's will, stay close to Him and you will be fine.  Nothing can hurt you. 

Provers 3: 21 - 26 speaks about walking with God.  We need to completely trust in Him and only Him!  Verse 21 says My son, preserve sound judgment and discernment, do not let them out of your sight; they will be life for you, an ornament to grace your neck.  Then you will go on your way in safety, and your foot will not stumble; when you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.  Have no fear of SUDDEN DISASTER or of the RUIN that overtakes the wicketd, for the Lord will be your CONFIDENCE and will KEEP YOUR FOOT FROM BEING SNARED!  I love that.  He will completely protect us ... He loves us!

God puts boundaries, clear boundaries around us just like we do for our children.  There are concesquences for our actions if we do not stay within those boundaries.  But we should LOVE the Lord with all our heart, soul, mind and body so that we don't look at the boundaries as limitations but instead as protection. 

I am so thankful for all that God has done for me.  I am so thankful for the Daily Audio Bible and my Bible study through YouVersion.  It makes it so much easier for me to stay in God's word.  I am loving my new years resolution to get more into God's word.  Just on day 17 I feel so much closer to the Lord.  I feel so blessed.  I have so much peace.  I feel so calm.  I have been able to sleep better at night.  God is blessing even in the little things.  For example, last night, Jannine couldn't find her little ipod.  We stopped and prayed and ask God to help us find it.  That certainly wasn't a life changing issue, it wasn't that important, but Jannine was upset and wanted to find it.  She was crying.  So we prayed.  Just in about two minutes I felt the need to look under her mattress where we had already looked.  And praise the Lord, there it was.  Even in the little things He is there.

My YouVersion verse of the day today is Psalm 103:13 As a father shows compassion to his children, so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear Him.  We are only human and we are weak.  Psalm 103 says Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!  (That is an awesome song as well as verse)  Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your inquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.  The Lord works righteousness and justice for all who are oppresed. Verse 10 says, He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities.  For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.  As a father shows compassion to his children so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him. 

I am so glad that I am a child of the King.  Have a great day.  Enjoy the blessing of God even in the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment