Thursday, January 31, 2013

January 30, 2013

Happy Wednesday ... today I took Daniel and Jannine to school.  I love spending time with them.  I am so blessed.  They are good kids, all three of them. 

After taking everyone to school I headed to Jackie's to hang out for the day.  She is getting better each and every day.  We went to the doctor, pharmacy and then back home where we had some lunch.  We don't even turn on the tv when we are together.  We just visit and catch up! 

Today's Bible reading was in Nehemiah 1: 4-11 speaking again about prayer.  God wants us to spend time with Him each and every day.  I love spending time with my children, husband and friends as He loves us spending time with Him.  He wants us to sit in front of the fireplace with our Bibles open and just talk to Him.  Catch up with Him on what we are doing, thinking and feeling!  He is our Father, our friend, our provider and confidant.  He loves us!  I know most of the time what my kids are doing.  I often drive them to various activities and read about happenings on their Facebook pages.  But, I still LOVE listening to them tell me from their point of view what is happening in their world.  God knows what we are doing each day.  He knows before we know.  But He still loves hearing from us.  When we make mistakes we need to ask His forgiveness.  When things go well we need to Praise Him and thank Him!  Verse 11 says, O Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of your servant, and to the prayer of your servants who delight to fear your name, and give success to your servant today, and grant him mercy in the sight of this man.  We need to communicate with God on a daily and sometimes minute by minute basis. 

We need to walk in the truth.  Do not live by feelings or your own insight because they lead you in the wrong direction.  My favorite verse is Proverbs 3: 5 & 6 ... we must trust in the Lord with all our heart and lean NOT unto our own understanding.  In all our ways acknowledge HIM and HE will direct your paths. 

Tonight Jeff, Jannine and I had to attend a EAA meeting for elections.  I was voted as the chapter Secretary.  I am honored to hold this position and work with some incredible people who have amazing stories to tell.  I love doing these activities because it keeps me busy.  It is a night once a month that I get to spend time with my husband as well. 

On our way home we saw the most beautiful moon.  God created that sight for us.  We had a plan to go to the ice cream store on the way home.  But a construction worker had cut a gas line installing some equipment.  A large firetruck blocked our bath and we had to adjust our travels to get around the danger in the road.  Eventually we got to the ice cream store safetly.  But it just was another visual aid that reminded me that sometimes things happen that change our direction.  It doesn't mean we aren't going to get to where we were headed but God has another path He wants us to take and we need to just CALMLY follow His direction.  He has the rewards at the end and He will keep us safe!

Have a great day!  God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment