Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1, 2013

Happy New Year.  I just started a new devotion today called Fearless:  A Six-Week Journey.  It is about learning how to move beyond the fear.  We are not to live in a spirit of fear.  However, I am human and find myself worrying (much of the time while going to bed) about money.  I wake in a panic worried that I forgot a bill.  Or, how will we keep the power on.  But I am not supposed to live like that.  Lamentations 3:22-23 says, The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  He loves me ... He won't leave me and He certainly won't let me fall. 

For day one of my devotion I read I John 4:18; Isaiah 54:4; Isaiah 62:4-5; and Isaiah 61:10.  I was asked to worship the Lord with all my heart completely trusting in Him in all I do and say.  I am excited that the Lord is going to do a great new thing in our lives in 2013. 

Today we started out by sleeping in and just relaxing around the house.  It is currently 2:41pm and we still aren't dressed.  I love lazy days like this.  Jannine wants a friend (Izabella and sister Sofia) to come over and of course I gave in so they can come.  The house is a mess but I really don't care. 

I think we are going to make plans later today with some friends and enjoy this beautiful weather in Florida today.  I haven't started my diet yet but I am going to join Weight Watchers this week.  I haven't weighed myself yet and think I will wait until tomorrow before I take that step. 

We ended up staying home today and allowed Jannine's friends Izabella and Sofia Ferjiani to come over instead.  I went to walmart to gather groceries for supper.  While there I ran into my dear friend Chelly Russell and helped her get material for a project in little Charlies room.  It was so nice to catch up with her and learn about all the awesome things going on in her life.  I then ended my extended trip to the store running into Janet Fullwood.  She is the mother of Jerone Campbell who suddenly passed away at the age of 17 just a few weeks ago.  There were complications during his tonsilectomy.  I can't imagine the pain she has been experiencing but assured her my continued prayers for her.  It felt good to finally be able to give her a big hug and encourage her a little bit. 

As I am typing now it is 8:17pm.  We had a nice dinner with the three girls, Daniel, Jeff and I.  Then David came home from work while we finished up.  It is with great joy knowing that all three of my children are home, happy, healthy and safe.  I am so proud of each of them.  David is doing so well in his job at Pizza Hut, Daniel is doing so well in his job at McDonalds while juggling school both at LBHS and classes at Charlotte Tech Center in the Embry Riddle program, and Jannine is doing well in school while developing her social skills and having a tender heart for the Lord and His plan for her life. 

I am really looking forward to this wonderful new year and all it will bring.  So, 2013 BRING IT ON!!!!  God I pray this year is amazing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment