Saturday, January 5, 2013

January 5, 2013

Today is Saturday.  The first weekend of the new year.  It has been really nice week.  I have been trying to get things organized.  I am getting our finances in order.  I am preparing for my court case on Wednesday.  I have been trying to get the house in order as well.  It feels good to be organized.  I have big goals this year.  I want to loose 50 pounds by July for Chrisy and Rob's wedding.  I want to be healthier.  I want 2013 to be an amazing year.  But most importanly I want to be in line with God's will and be a good wife and mother to my family.

Today in my devotion I learned that on day four of the men being out of control in the boat, Jesus walked towards them on the sea!  That had to be an amazing thing to witness.  It talked about how sometimes we get so upset in our circumstances that we have a hard time seeing God at work in the midst of the situation.  This happens a lot when the situation goes on and on.  I feel like that right now.  Our lives have been in turmoil for SEVERAL years now (about 6).  Jeff's job at Quest fell apart and he has gone from job to job trying to provide for us.  And even now in his job, he loves it, but there are no opportunities to make more money or advance.  He can do so much more than he does and he is not appreciated or acknowledged for the amazing and talented man he is. 

My devotion reminded that do we truly know that God is in control and do we believe that at all times?  Do we loose our focus?  I know I do!  Psalm 46:10 says to "Be still, and know that I am God."  It is hard to rest in the truth of God's word when life isn't going well.  When you feel like life is out of control how to you rest and have faith?  John 16:33 says "In the world you will have tribulation.  But take heart; I have overcome the world."

Why do we fix our eyes on the troubles and not on God.  Peter cried out, "Lord, save me." Matthew 14:30 says, "But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, "Lord, save me." 

In John 15 talks about Jesus is the true vine.  It says that every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit.  It talks about that we have to be part of the vine in order to survive.  I believe you have to read God's Word and build a relationship with God so we can be filled and grow and do His will.  If you are not growing and bearing fruit then what good are you to God?  He doesn't need us if we aren't growing...He will throw us away.  God wants us to be joyful and happy and productive.  We are to love one another as Christ loves us.  He says we are His friends if we do what He commands us to do.  We aren't His servants we are His friends, his children.  He chose us and appointed us that we should go and bear fruit and that our fruit should abide, so that whatever we ask the Father in His name, He may give it to you. 

We know that the world doesn't like us.  They didn't like Christ, so why should we be any different?  If we were like the world, they would love us!  Misery loves company. 

Psalm 119:14 says, In the way of your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches.  As a parent, I am thrilled when my children do well.  That is how God feels about us.  We are to study His work, listen to His will and direction for our lives, love one another and remember we are here to make a difference in the world.  We are not to worry about anything because we are to remember that God is in control and He is in charge.  We are to just love and trust!

Until God opens the next door for you, praise Him in the hallway. ~ Unknown  I saw this today on Facebook and just had to include this on my blog.  I love it!

I am looking forward to having a wonderful and restful day today with the kids and maybe even getting more organizing done in the mean time.

No comments:

Post a Comment