Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January 2, 2013

Day two of the new year and God's plans for our family.

As I read my devotion this morning I learned that mahy people are living in fear including myself.  I often think that God might need to reach me a lesson the hard way because I'm so stubborn.  I always lay out the plan and have it already for God to take care of which is the wrong way to do things. 

I am facing my disability hearing next week.  I have to admit I am fearful.  I don't know what our family will do if the disability does not go through.  I know God has everything under control, but yet I worry.  Psalms 46 talks about God being our fortress.  Psalm 46:1 says, God is our refuge and strength a very present help in a time of trouble.  Verse 2 says, that even though the world is crumbling around us we should not fear because God is with us.  He will take care of us.  He will hold us together and keep us safe.  Verse 9 explans that when God speaks He makes wars cease.  Earlier in the chapter it states that That nations rage, the kingdoms totter; He utters His voice ad the earth melts.  And finally in verse 10 the Bible clearly states, "BE STILL, and know that I AM GOD.  I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" 

I know personally I even worry that because I worry and don't completely trust Him or I have a moment where I cry out and ask WHY that maybe God isn't blessing because of my lack of faith.  Don't get me wrong, even in my moments of unbelief I am still so very thankful for all He has done.  Why doesn't the power of what He has already done overtake my lack of faith?  Is that a defect in me?  When I share my concerns with my husband he gets up set because he doesn't want God to think we don't appreciate what He has already done for us.  I can certainly see his point of view.  I feel guilty when I have this lack of faith. 

So, today I am going to remind myself that GOD IS IN CONTROL.  Deuteronomy 6:5 says,  "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."  And I do love the Lord with all my heart, soul and mind.  I know my Father loves me as well.  I know He will take care of me... He always does.  I believe that 2013 will be a year of amazing blessings.  I pray I will continue to keep my focus on Him no matter what each day brings.  We are not promised tomorrow, so I am thankful for TODAY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment