Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January 16, 2013

Yesterday was filled with sadness, yet celebration.  A dear friend of mine, Gina Bannan, posted on facebook that her Mom had gone home to Heaven at 2:33am.  Sad for those here left behind but a celebration for Susan as she is now with Jesus.  She is no longer in pain!  Susan was a tiny woman who did great things for the Englewood community.  I reflect back on the many school events she attended always cheering the kids on and loving all who approached her.  She had an amazing outreach to the homeless in our community.  She is now resting in the arms of Jesus.  And I am sure God is saying, "Well done though good and faithful servant... well done."

As the day went on I continued to do my housewife and mother duties.  Then around 3:30pm I headed to Myakka to pick Jannine and Jessica Blalock up from school.  On the way I received a call from Heather Wayman.  She was crying and shared that Richie had passed.  I could hear the kids crying in the background.  My heart aches for them.  We confirmed that Richie was ready to go to Heaven so we rejoice in that fact. 

I have been with people a few times when they died.  My immediate thought even my Mom died was... wow... I was just with them and now they are with Jesus!  I feel so close to God during those times.  When my cousin died I asked her to take a message to my Mom, Dad, Grandparents and Aunt.  I wonder if they are able to really do that.  That is another mystery bag question my Dad used to tell me about. 

Last night Jeff and I attended a meeting for EAA Chapter 180.  There has been a great deal of fighting going on amongst the chapter board members.  I was able to stay quiet and just listen with a great deal of direction from Jeff.  I was nominated as the board secretary.  It has been an experience to be part of this group and learn the inner workings when there have been issues. 

While listening to the Daily Audio Bible Brian read Matthew 11 and verses 28-30 just jumped out at me.  It says, "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."  Why do I resist God so much?  If I would just relax, take the yoke, and let HIM lead the burderns would be less.  When will I ever learn to just let go?  Psalm 14: 1 -7 talks about the fools!  They say that there is NO GOD!  The are bad people and they do horrible things.  I don't want to be an evil doer!  I want to follow God and GOD ALONE!

Isaiah 45:5 says clearly I AM THE LORD, and there is NO other, besides me there is no GOD; I equip you, though you do not know me.  So I ask myself what the Lord wants me to do with all I am learning.  What do I need to change in the way that I act, think, respond, schedule my time.  When I make decisions I need to stop and ask myself if this is truth or just a feeling or my plan.  Is it the Lord or is it ME?  I have to chose who I am going to serve.  Joshua 24:15 says And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell.  But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!

Last night we got a call from a Denise Tucker.  She is the new owner of our 10151 Charlemont Avenue home.  She was served paperwork regarding our lot next door.  She said there are $3,330 in back taxes on it and then she wants to give us $500 on top to purchase it.  Wow, I never thought we would see anything from that property every again.  There is another direction in God's leading helping us out.  The auction is in March so we will work to get all of this resolved in the mean time.  Thank you Lord for yet another blessing from YOU!



No comments:

Post a Comment