Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January 15, 2013

Good morning.  I was unable to post anything yesterday so I will write for both yesterday and now today.  It is a beautiful Tuesday morning here in sunny (80) degree weather.

Today my daily audio Bible covered a wonderful book Matthew 10: 24 - 11: 6.  What a power group of scriptures.  It speaks about having no fear!  Have no fear of them, for nothing is covered that will nto be revealed, or hidden that will not be know.  What I tell you in the dark, say in the light, and what you hear whipsred, proclaim on the housetops.  Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.  Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.  And my favorite part is in verse is 29 where He says, are not two sparrows sold for a penny?  And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father.  But even the hairs of your heard are all numbered.  Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparros.  So everyone who acknowldeges me before men, I will also acknoledge before my Father who is in heaven. Nothing is a surprise to Him!  He knows everything.  Even if we lose our lives, nothing can take us away from HIM!  But he expects all or nothing!  We have to be all in and completely have faith and believe in Him. 

He explains that following Him will not be easy.  Time will be tough!  Families will be against each other for following Christ.  But it is all worth it for our eternal rewards... eternal LIFE! 

I love my children but do not know how many hairs are on their head.  My Father loves me so much and knows me so well that He knows how many hairs are on my head.  He loves me ... He cherrishes me ... so what do I have to fear?  He will take care of my every need.  That is where there is often confusion.  He doesn't take care of my every want, but every need!  That is what He promises.  In doing that He gives me more than I want and ever deserve.  He has the WHOLE WORLD in His hands!  I remember singing that song as a child and visualizing His hands holding the world.  That is so awesome to know. 

We have a free will.  We can do whatever we want.  However we must realize that we are not GOD!  We can do what we want, we can make all the plans.  BUT, if God is in control He will make it all work out for His glory.  It doesn not work when you are the soverighn Lord of your universe.  In exchange for all that you are, I will give you all that I AM!  I will give you the life you are seaking.  It's not going to look like you thought.  It's not all about your comfort, it's not all about your wealth, it's not all about your health and well being, it's not all there is to life!  Life eternal is about becoming the person you were made to be!  It's about  growing an ever deeper relationship with God!  It's about knowing that even if you lose your life nothing can seperate you from GOD! 

Lord, I commit to be ALL IN with you.  I will give you all or nothing in 2013.  I know I won't be perfect.  I know I will fall and make mistakes.  I ask You to help me in my walk with You.  I pray Lord that I have my heart open to follow Your leading and direction each and every day.  Thank you for all You do for me and my family.  Thank You for Your protection each and every day.  I want to leave the chaos and live in peace, love and compassion with You under your direction.  Thank you Jesus ... Amen!

When I woke this morning I read a post from a dear childhood friend Gina Bannon.  Her precious Mother Susan went home to Heaven today at 2:33am.  We are sad here on earth but celebrate in her victory now being with Jesus.  In my devotion I came across these verses that remind me of her. 
Proverbs 3: 16 -18 Long life is her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor.  Her ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.  She is a tree of life to those who lay hold of her; those who hold her fast are called blessed.  These verses make me think of her.  She was an amazing woman who loved the Lord and showed His love and compassion in everything she did.  She loved people and did whatever God allowed her to do to help people spiritually and physically with their needs.  Our loss is certainly Heaven's gain.  I pray that I may be able to show God's love in what I do much like she did.

In my Bible study, Fearless... the topic was Lord, are you in the storm?  Isaiah 45:5 says I am the Lord, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I equip you, though you do not know me.  I read about how my thoughts, my feelings, and my beliefs line up with God's word.  I have been struggling with fears about my disability case, our home situation, our finances, etc.  So many uncertainties!  Today I am realizing that God really does love me.  He is in control.  He knows what is going on in my life and hasn't forgotten me.  He never says oops.  He is never caught off guard. 

So, as I start my day and go forward with the duties before me I go knowing that God is in control.  He will walk before me, beside me and behind me surrounding me with His protection and peace as long as I allow Him to be in control.  Proverbs 3: 5 & 6 is still my favorite verse.  I do trust in Him and I am allowing Him to lead my path, not questioning what is going to happen but preparing to do His will even if it isn't always what I want or think it should be.

It's going to be a wonderful day!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment