Sunday, January 6, 2013

January 6, 2013

Today was another wonderful day.  We started the day out in Church.  We had a missionary visit from Nicaragua.  They shared about all the churches they have been able to start and all the lives that they have been able to lead to the Lord.  What an amazing opportunity to be part of.  Trust me, I am not saying that I want to go on the mission field but I love hearing about those who do. 

Yesterday I watched a movie about a teacher and parent who wanted better schools for their children.  One of the quotes in the movie was, "We have to be the change we want to see."  I try to teach my children that if they see a problem in the world, to be part of the solution!  We as Christians need to make a difference.  We are missionaries in the communities in which we live and work. 

My devotion was still talking about the disciples in the boat and how they were so frightened being in the middle of the storm, out of control, getting nowhere!  Then Jesus walked on the water and calmed the seas! Lighthouses are one of my favorite things in the world.  I love how it makes me think about Jesus.  No matter how bad the weather is that lighthouse stands tall and firm and lights our way just like God does.  Keep your focus on Him, don't live in fear and keep doing the right things and you will be okay. 

Today in Church Heather, Richie, Lawrence and Leah were there.  It was good to see them.  I feel terrible because I didn't get to actually speak to them.  Richie doesn't have much time left.  I don't know if he knows the Lord.  We need to get to him before it is too late.  Jim Zinn just found out that he has cancer all over his body.  How much time does he have left.  He fell and broke his arm while trying to pick up his wife Joanne.  So there lives have been completely tossed around.  She is now in a nursing home and never going back to the house.  They will never live together again.  How much time do they have left?  How do you handle that time of your life?  It makes me sad to think that there time is so short.  But, we are NEVER promised tomorrow are we?  So we should make every moment count!  Make a difference in the world.  Be the missionary where we live.  Live by faith ... and show others what it means to be a Christian! 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment