Saturday, January 5, 2013

January 3, 2013

Day 3 of my new years resolution.  Last night Izabella and Sofia Ferjiani spent the night.  I love having three little girls running around the house.  I enjoy hearing their laughter and listening to their "serious" conversations.  I love it that Jannine and Izabella have been best friends since they were only 2 years old.  Izabella moved away for 4 years and moved back over the summer.  There friendship has just picked up right where they left off.  I pray this bound will continue throughout their lifetime. 

This takes me to my devotion today.  We certainly did not understand why the Ferjiani family had to move away for 4 years.  I still don't know why but certainly know I cherrish their friendship even more now.  Debbie is like a sister to me.  I just love her so much.  I am so glad that she is back to stay.  They just closed on a house last week in Rotonda. 

My devotion spoke of when the disciples were out in the boat and sent into a storm.  Why did God do that?  They were so afraid and didn't feel like he was there at all with them.  For the last few years I have felt like we were sent out into a storm and I don't understand why.  Certainly there have been breaks in the storm and I am thankful for the rainbows I experience frequently but I often wonder why were are still in this uncertain and crazy storm.  In Matthew 14: 31 - 33 it says, Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him saying "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?"  And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased.  And those in the obat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God." 

The devotion today had me read Psalm 40.  It talks about how God picked me up and put my feet firmly upon a rock making my steps secure.  He put a new song in my mouth.  Verse 4 says, Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after a lie!  Verse 8 "I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart."  That is one of my goals for 2013.  I want to stay in God's will. 

I will work hard to remember that God is here for me and He controls every part of my life.  I need to be a willing vessel to follow Him and do His will. 

So today, I will continue to listen to the girls play.  My friend Chrissy Cremeens is coming over so we can plan her wedding and it is going to be a fun time of friendship and fellowship today.  Thank you Lord for another wonderful day to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment