Monday, January 21, 2013

January 20, 2013

Happy Sunday morning.  Wow, today is a beautiful Sunday morning.  However, satan got involved and made the morning preparations rough as usual.  Jeff and I had a little problem getting ready to head out.  I was running late, I needed the back seat in the van put in and I was preparing to sing and needed to be there on time.  So, I picked up Leah and Lawrence and then headed to Church.  After I arrived to Church I sent Jeff a text apologizing for my behavior earlier that morning.  I had been preparing to sing Completely for my special but last night it just didn't come together.  I felt led to sing Blessings instead.  As Church began and people offered up testimonies and prayer requests I quickly realized that God was in the leading of what song I was to sing.  Jeff was so sweet and recorded my song.  I had a very hard time not crying.  I was thinking about those we had lost that week.  People like Susan Bannon, Richard Wayman and Beth Johnston.  I was also thinking about Grandpa and Grandma Zinn with their major health issues and all that has changed for them.  He has been diagnosed with major cancer, she has been put into a nursing home and life seems to be coming to its end for them.  My heart breaks thinking that they might be leaving this earth sometime in the near future. 

My Bible study today was what are the worthless things of the world that have a pull on you?  What are the good things that are replacing the best things?  What is most important?  Things of the earth are NOT at all important.  The study spoke about what are you afraid of losing in this world in order to gain what is eternal?  It all goes along with all that was happening today.  After leaving Church I went to Jennnifer Stuckey's baby shower... new life.  I have to admit I often feel like I wish I could go back to that phase of my life.  However, there were a lot of trials and struggles then too.  So, I am happy where I am.

Matthew 5:3-6 Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.  Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth.  Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. 
II Corinthians 12: 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities.  For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Galatians 4:9 But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how can you turn back again to the weak and worthless elementary principles of the world, whose slaves you want to be once more? 
II Timothy 3:3-9 heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power.  Avoid such people.  For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions, always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth.  Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, men corrupted in mind and disqualified regarding the faith.  But they will not get very far, for their folly will be plain to all, as was that of those two men. 
I John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 

And then Galatians chapter 5 talks about how Christ has set us free.  Verse 1 reads for freedom Christ has set us free; stand FIRM therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.  In our freedom we are to serve and love one another!  This does not give us freedom in the flesh to act crazy and sin!!!  We are to walk in the spirit according to verse 16.  If we walk in the spirit we won't want to live in the flesh because the flesh and the spirit don't like each other.  In verses 22 - 23 details the fruits of the spirit!  In verse 25 it says, If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.  Let us not become coneited, provoking one another, envying one another. 

Why is it so hard to realize that we are God's children!  He loves us.  He gives us boundaries for our good, as we do for our children.  His Word speaks clearly to us even in today's time.  There are so many forms of media to help us understand God's Word even more clearly.  As I have mentioned earlier, I am thoroughly enjoying my YouVersion on my smart phone, doing my daily Fearless devotion.  And I am really enjoying Daily Audio Bible as well. 

Matthew 13: 24- 46 speaks of two parables give to us so that we may understand.  First Jesus speaks of the parable of weeds and the second spoke of the mustard seed and the leaven.  Jesus spoke to the crowds in parables so we might understand things better.  The visual aids that we often look to today.  I love the parables, I love how clearly Jesus makes what He is saying to us so that everyone will understand and remember clearly.

Psalms 18:1-15 This scripture speaks of how the Lord is my rock and my fortress.  I love you, Oh Lord, my strength.  The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.  I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies. 

Proverbs 4: 1-6 Hear, O sons, a father's instruction, and be attentive, that you may gain insight, for I give you good precepts; do not forsake my teaching. 

In all these scriptures God is making all things so clear.  Jesus teaches us with visual aids so we can understand clearly.  Then in Psalms the Lord clearly states that he is our rock and fortress.  He is our deliverer whom we can take refuge.  He is our shield and our protector.  He is worthy of all our praise!

Then in Proverbs He explains that we need to listen when He corrects us.  He is trying to teach us something.  Instead of getting upset we should listen when He corrects us so we can learn something. 

I think I understand that I need to look for the lesson in all that is happening around me.  Everything is done for God's good.  He has a plan.  I don't understand the plan but I need to be submissive to it, when I am corrected I need to be submissive and learn from it.  In all, He is worthy to be praised!

Thank you Lord for loving and correcting me.  Thank you for making scripture come to life.  Thank you for being my shield, for standing in front of me and all around me even when I run out in traffic as a silly child unaware of the dangers around me.  Sometimes I fall down and skin my knee.  But you still love me and pick me up.  Explain why I am in time out for running away and then hugging me and loving me no matter what I do!  I will learn from you Lord.  I am trying so hard to do your will in everything I do!  I love you Lord!  I have the promise of Heaven and eternal life.  Thank you ... I will wait on you.  I will continue to follow you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment