Thursday, January 24, 2013

January 23, 2013

Today was an amazing day in so many ways.  My childhood friend was put into the hospital last night for emergency gallbladder surgery.  I had the opportunity to go to the hospital today and spend some quality time with her.  She was in so much pain.  I felt so badly for her.  I was able to help her eat her lunch.  I tried to make her feel comfortable.  I just love her so much.  She is a wonderful woman who has been through a great deal of pain.  Yet she still loves the Lord and remains sound and strong in her testimony.  She has two precious sons that are now young men.  I have watched them grow.  After spending some time with her, I headed back to Englewood to watch in the glorious move of another dear friend Debbie and her family.  She and her husband and two girls are moving back to Englewood to stay.  I am so very happy they are back and that the Lord allowed us to stay here as well.  She has a beautiful home.  There is another one just down the road that is smaller but equally beautiful.  Wow, what an awesome home it is and how wonderful it would be to live right there by her.  I am praying that God might work it out.  But I want what is best... what God has planned because it is always better that what I dream of. 

I have to admit that a tiny part of me wishes that I could have a beautiful home that was ours again.  But I don't want to feel that even for a little bit.  Psalms 103:1 Bless the Lord, Oh my soul, and all that is within me bless his holy name.  I am so blessed.  God has taken care of me and my family.  I don't want to be captive in my feelings.  I don't want to rely on my own insight.  I must believe in God's Word and His leading alone!  But, I can still dream... I can still pray and ask.  But I have to be willing to live what He directs.  I chose to serve GOD and GOD alone.  Joshua 24:15

Having the chance to spend quality time with two friends in two very different times in their lives was incredible.  With my disability, I can't do much, but I do what I can.  I try to do what God wants me to do with every day.  We have to make sure that we live the life that God demands.  We have to be careful not to let "traditions" or "rituals" that we grew up with to cloud what God is asking us to do.  I great up in a wonderful Church full of very Godly leaders.  However, they were very closed minded when it came to "different" people.  It felt as though they judged people at times.  They were not approachable at times.  I found that very sad. 

Psalm 19:13-14 I love and seemed to be appropriate to today's deeds.  Keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me!  Then I shall be blameless, and innoncent of great transgressions.  Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptale in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.  I want all that I do and say be His will for me and His leading and working through me.  I am blessed to be used of God in anyway He sees fit for me. (David wrote this Psalm)

Proverbs 4:14-19 Don't do as the wicked do... don't follow the path of evil doers!  We are not hear to cause anyone to stumble.  We are to be the LIGHT ...

I want everything that I do, say and think please you.  I want you to be in all I do, think and say.  I don't want to be stuck up, or unapproachable, or "a holy roller".  I want to invite God into everything that I do.  I want to live my life in the presence of God.  It is not the rituals that matter ... It's the life you live that matters.  In everything you do, say and think ... remember GOD is with you. 

Happy 101st birthday to Grandad Essick today.  What an awesome man.  He is Donna Meadows Stewart father.  He is still healthy and amazing.  I pray that I can be healthy like he is.

I feel burdened to talk to people about the Lord.  We are not promised tomorrow.  May every day count.  Make sure those you love will be joining you in Heaven someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment