Friday, February 8, 2013

February 8, 2013

Happy Friday everyone.  I have to admit today has been a weird day.  My back is bothering me a bunch.  Unfortunately I am stressing about stupid things.  I feel the devil is working over time on me today.  I went and had lunch with my little honey girl Jannine today at her school.  She always makes me smile.  My children and husband are so precious to me.  I am thankful that we are so close. 

I guess I am worried about finances a bunch.  I know God will take care of everything ... yet I still worry!  Why oh why do I worry?  I know I shouldn't.  After doing some grocery shopping this afternoon I came home and turned on the Joy FM 88.1 FM.  Jayar was on this afternoon and quoted the most perfect scripture that God knew I needed to hear.  Isaiah 30:15 this wonderful scripture says, For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, "In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength."  We are to STOP and be quiet and wait on God.  That is so hard for me to do, I have to admit. 

Ephesians 2: 10 says For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.  We are here to work for Him!  We are here for a purpose.

Today in my study it said to initiate a conversation with those the Lord brings across your path today.  Ask them how their day is going.  While doing that God will most likely open a door of opportunity.  You can offer to pray for and or with them. 

Once again, I had two opportunities to speak with people today without reading the devotion first.  I love it when God works like this.  I was getting gas at Sunoco tonight and mentioned to the gentleman at the next pump that I couldn't believe how expensive gas was getting.  Tonight it was $3.65 per gallon.  We started chatting and ended up sharing our testimonies with each other.  He and his wife attend Englewood United Methodist Church, he was adopted just like me, found him birth mother and family just like me, and loves the Lord JUST LIKE ME!  I found it so amazing to talk to a person I just met at the gas station and figure that we had so much in common.  I love talking about the Lord.   While at Jannine's school I had a wonderful conversation with a friend of mine Tammy.  I was feeling kind of down today and she was able to encourage me, reminding me that the devil is working overtime to take away my joy!  But, I won't let him do that.

So, tonight my hubby and I had dinner together, then came home and watched two movies together.  It was a mini date night.  No kids were home so it was just fun to hang out.  I really love him.  He is my very best friend.  I am so blessed.

Day after tomorrow my Mom comes to visit and I can hardly wait.  I will post pictures in my blog of some of our fun times.  It will be a short but amazing visit.

So, remember to stop, slow down and enjoy the small blessings ... so you appreciate the big blessings too.
God bless!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment